Tuesday 30 September 2008

Rue de Edwardo - Paris Mural

What Timing! I start my blog and tell everyone of my love for French and a lovely Parisian cafe mural drops into my hands. Timing is everything!

This mural all started with a lovely couple (who are actually friends of the family) and they told me what they were looking for. They handed me some framed pictures of work from an artist I am so aware of
Viktor Shvaiko. He captures such romance in his paintings. His work is simply amazing!

They tell me just a few things they would like to see - a cafe window scene, an awning over the bar with swags on each side and some aged walls with brick. So I go back to the studio and begin to sketch.
In my original sketch I was not going to paint the door. But after careful consideration I thought it would add more dimension! So voila! I made the door into a glass door and inside I added a hand wrought iron staircase. I also added a sign next to the door "Bridgette's Boutique" This is her daughter's name and now she has a boutique over the cafe. Anything is possible with paint!
After the door was finished, she asked if I would be able to paint her family dog. "Of course!" I say, she doesn't know it but I love painting animals;) Animals have been a favorite of mine to paint since I was a tiny tot.
Close-up of Scruffy's face


One of the happiest flowers - Daisies
I painted her daughter's name in the mural and I now I need to get their son's in here as well - Edward- Rue de Edwardo. The sign at the corner is for cafe Bistro - Le Berger
The swag at one end of the bar and a flowering tree.
close-up of cafe window
This is the cafe before I put on the stucco walls and brick.


I hope you will enjoy and I hope to perhaps inspire some budding artist to create something wonderful! Au revoir!



No comments:

Post a Comment