Tuesday 22 February 2011

So I'm driving to work this morning..

..and I notice my stomach growling..um..more like roaring.

Decide to drive thru McDonald's and get an oatmeal {have you tried these??? Seriously yummified!} and a black coffee (flavor and drinkability to be added at my desk..)



I have stopped by a few times since they added the oatmeal-lushiness..and the same probably 20+ something young man with nerd-like tendencies has been the  "drive up to the first window and pay" person..and seemed a little grumpy/shy/disenchanted/bored and or inconvenienced by my first-thing-in-the-morning-crazy-grinning-old-lady-well-hello! demeanor ..




So when I saw him still there this morning (what? no promotion?) I smiled and handed him my exact amount of $3.22 (the amount I know by heart now) and asked him if he's having a good start to the day...he says..

"Yes..yes I am. 'Cause I have a lovely young lady at my window this morning.."

and then he..SMILED!



A real true heart-felt smile.

Of course I knew he was not flirting..after all, I could be his grandmother mother big sister's....uh...elderly friend.

But the fact that we made a connection, shared a smile, and maybe, just maybe, he will go on to have a better day just made me have a way better day than I thought it could be.

Way to go McDonald's.

Thanks for the awesome-kick-butt-oatmeal ..and a brighter day.



And thank you "twenty-something-sometimes-grumpy-because-nobody-SEES -you-drive-thru-guy"

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment