Sunday 27 February 2011

I can never stop at ..."enough.."

I seem to always go just a brushstroke too many...one piece of lace too much..one piece of ribbon, one scrap..

You know..too fussy..too many..blah blah blah and yadda yadda yadda..

....see?

I can't even tell you what I am talking about because I'm going on and on and on...

OK..to get what I'm getting to..

When I was telling you about the whole "white T-shirt' thingy..you know..simple simple..

And because I seem to dribble dribble when I have coffee..or Crystal Light..or spaghetti..Aunt Amelia from Aunt Amelia's Attic asked how I bleach the stains out.

I don't.  But I don't really want to wear them after they are "broken in"..stained..ruined.

So I saw a video on YouTube..{somewhere} about making Sharpie designs by marking and then dripping alcohol on the fabric..

Brilliant!

So I did..and I did too much.  But I thought I'd show it here..not to fish for compliment, but to show you maybe a new idea..


 good start...

..getting a little busy and big..

"I think it needs...more..stems??"

"Add swirlys!!"

 ..nah..too much..
See? ..oh well...it's a learning experience..

So, in a few weeks {or moments.} when I spill on yet another T-shirt,..I 'll have a new "canvas" ... to try again..

And I'll let you know how that one turns out...

If I can stop...while I'm ahead..

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment