Thursday 18 November 2010

**Edited at bottom of post..There are many benefits for having children at a young age..

..like have grand kiddos that you have the energy and mental capabilities to keep up with..

And I am very grateful for that..

..and being able to not only be the Mother of your kids..but to really feel like they are friends..and be able to "play" together.

But there were things I missed..  or miss..as in I still do miss..

Dolls.



I really never played too much with dolls..and doll clothes.  I remember really wanting one of this doll wardrobe cases that have the clothes hanging bar and little plastic hangers..and drawers on the other side..remember?



My very last doll was Pollyanna..and oh how I did love her!



And, oh the scent of a new doll's head!  I love that smell.  I have been known to sniff doll heads in the toy isle of  K-Mart on more than one occasion..much to the chagrin of Mr. B...



So now it's near Christmas time and I have had an actual dream about getting a new doll..a baby doll.



I know, I know..but don't  start gettin' all  physco-bable on me.  I don;t want a baby ....just a doll.  I have seen those stories of those women who somehow think the baby dolls are real and carry on about them

Well, OK, so some people could say I am carrying on right now..but..ah..not so much.  Really. Seriously..I'm not..




It's just that I like baby dolls..and the outfits...and the cute expressions on their faces...



..but I can't justify spending money on one.  Hmm..
Silly, huh?

 I was sort of disappointed when I woke up this morning {not that I was disappointed that I did wake up, just to be clear..thank you Lord...}

But I really don't think I'm the only one..right? 

So, no Barbies...no Bratz...Cabbage Patch? Maybe...

What is it you want from your childhood that you feel you may have missed out on??

hmmmm..

-me

** OK...ewe!  I have been looking at those "life-like" dolls  and the women who think they are real..and have birthday parties with REAL kids for them..and EWE! 

I don't know whether it's sad..or sick..or just too much money and not enough sense....or all 4...

No, I want a soft-cute-not-real-looking-doll..



or an orangutan...

I'm just saying..

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment