Friday 5 November 2010

Got 4 minutes and 45 seconds??

..then watch this..



I guess I never really realized that I like to dance.  

I've always enjoyed watching..

But being married to a professional "no-I-do NOT-dance" dancer..

..it has always just been something I watch.

And I remember watching my Mother..she really loved to dance.  But living with major depression all of her life, it's not something she did often.

Not nearly often enough..

I've written before about watching my Mother and Daddy dance..and how they could seemingly not care too much for each other...until they were dancing.

Then they were fluid.  Magic. Perfect.  In love??

I'd sometimes catch my Mother being silly, dancing around doing the Cha Cha or the twist..

She's smile and look silly.

And I loved it.

And I didn't see it often enough.

And now, in Zumba, while we are exercising..we're.....dancing.

And  I'm learning the Cha Cha..

And I'm learning the Tango and the Samba ...and a little Hip Hop..

And I am smiling and looking silly.

And I'm doing it with Mother in my heart..

Mother, this is for you..

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment