Sunday 9 January 2011

My heart is in Arizona...



..the events of yesterday in my beloved Tucson, Arizona, my childhood home, are yet another indications of the madness of men..of people..sick, deranged...evil and dangerous.

So many people.."wrong place, wrong time"..so many families left with nothing but questions and memories.

My heart hurts for all..the injured, the deceased, and those left to wonder..why? 

And my heart hurts for the family of the shooter. How devastating.  The guilt they must feel..the sadness, the shame, the horror of knowing their child, their brother. their relative is responsible for all this tragedy.


I saw this quote at the beautifuly written blog by Pamela at The House of Edward..she ends with this quote:

“Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.”

Benjamin Franklin

To all of my family and friends in Arizona, I am sorry this happened in your home..to all the families hurting and confused, angry and lost, I am so ver sorry.
 
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.....Meditation XVII

Please watch and...think...

No comments:

Post a Comment