Friday 22 October 2010

Do you remember...

... seeing A Fish Called Wanda back in the late 80’s?




One thing I remember is when Otto (played by Kevin Klein) speaks Italian to Wanda (Jamie Lee Curtis) and she...melts..

Although..when he is “regular” Otto..not so much:





Otto: Don't call me stupid.

Wanda: Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?

Otto West: Apes don't read philosophy.

Wanda: Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up.
Hahaha..anyway..back to Italian.

I work in close proximity to one of our scientists who is Italian.  The real thing..like from Italy and all..

And he has an very Italian accent.  After all, he’s ..uh...Italian.

I hear him speaking Italian to his family and now, there is another scientist visiting our company from ..where else..Italy!!

So now I hear them conversing sometimes in English..and sometimes in Italian.

Guess which I like better?  Yep,  Italian.  They could be saying “the mitochondrial DNA of this particular sample was from the outer regions of the northern hemisphere in sub-freezing conditions...yadda yadda yada..” and I wouldn't care.

It sounds... amazing..

Hmmm, anyone for some Panini, or brochetta, or ...vino??



-me..or as they say......Ciao, arrivedercci.

No comments:

Post a Comment