Saturday 30 October 2010

Thank you unruly tree roots...

The other day as we were walking I noticed a hUgE upheaval of the sidewalk.  It kinda was looking like maybe how a mountain is formed - 2 separate plates (pieces of the sidewalk in this case) pushing against each other, butting against each other  and forcing the middle to go up..

...and then I noticed ..tree roots.  Probably the same kind of tree roots that cost my daughter $17,000 in repairs to the sewer line..had  done this damage.

And I thought..no one actually saw this happen...no one noticed.  It had happened gradually.  Millimeter by millimeter..while we walked past for all those months and probably years.

My weight gain / loss has been like those tree toots..very gradual.  I didn't really notice..at the time it was happening.



Just one donut. One more slice of pizza.



But I found some photos of myself. Reality check big- time.  Big, big time.


I never noticed the little bit by little bit coming on..



and conversely, I haven't noticed it coming off bit by bit..but it has.

However, lately I have noticed a bite here and a bite there..and, while not gaining per se...I'm not loosing like I should be either.

So, I need to remember those roots..and what damage they have done...little by little.  And I won't let that happen to me.

Not when I have photographic proof..of the gains and of the losses.

And when I start to overindulge {versus an occasional treat}, I will look at these photos and say..



Seriously??

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment