Tuesday 11 May 2010

I got nuthin...

One of those blank days here..rain and gray..


Hey..wait..I LIKE those gray days..

So, is it "grAy" or "grEy"?

"Grey became the established British spelling in the 20th century, pace Dr. Johnson and others[128], and it is but a minor variant in American English, according to dictionaries. Canadians tend to prefer grey. The non-cognate greyhound was never grayhound. Both Grey and Gray are found in proper names everywhere in the English-speaking world. Americans tend to use "gray" in reference to the color and "grey" as the adjective"

huh...

And, what does "ruthless" really mean? I know what the definition is, but if someone is bad, or silly, or mean..they are said to be..ruthless..

Sooo, is the opposite that, you know, a person is good and serious and nice.. full of ruth?



What the heck is that?? "oh, you are such ruthful people.."

***I l.o.v.e this interwebby-thingy! Look what I found:

Did you know?

"Ruthless" can be defined as "without ruth" or "having no ruth." So what, then, is ruth? The noun "ruth," which is now considerably less common than "ruthless," means "compassion for the misery of another," "sorrow for one's own faults," or "remorse." And, just as it is possible for one to be without ruth, it is also possible to be full of ruth. The antonym of "ruthless" is "ruthful," meaning "full of ruth" or "tender." "Ruthful" can also mean "full of sorrow" or "causing sorrow." "Ruth" can be traced back to the Middle English noun "ruthe," itself from "ruen," meaning "to rue" or "to feel regret, remorse, or sorrow.

Yeah, I've wondered about that because one of my silly-fun-favorite old movies is ..wouldn't you know it..

"Ruthless People"...


 
huh.....

I better go to bed before I start thinking again..

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment