Friday 14 May 2010

OK, so it was reeeeaaaalllllyyy slow @ work today, sooooo

..I had a chance to play with my cheap-o watercolors and water and brushes...

One of my favorite artists is Martha Leaver ( http://marthalever.blogspot.com/ ) and recently she posted a tutorial on "5 minute flowers" and I loved them :-)

So, I watched about a billion times a couple of times and thought I'd give it a try...


I've always wanted to work with water colors but they intimidate{d} me..




With oils and, you can move the paint around...paint 'wet-on-wet'..have some give..



...with acrylics, you have a little bit of pre-dry time..



..but with water colors, as soon as it hits the paper {or within a minute or so} you're committed..



So, practice, practice, practice...

oh, that would be for me..you don't have to..unless you want to try....in which case, I'd watch Martha's videos..and maybe even take a class or two.. five..I'm just sayin'

Then, Melinda from http://melindasfabricfancies.blogspot.com/ asked about one of the photos from last week's Sushi-fest..
OK, Melinda, it's a wristlet I made from one of my fabric flowers.

{no..do not enlarge the photo..yes..I know..those ARE age-spotted-chubbette-hands }


Have a really great Saturday..
..and whatever you feel like creating...art, food, a loving home, a happy day..just go ahead and enjoy the whole process... your creativity will shine...

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment