Tuesday 18 May 2010

So I figure..

..there isn't a good reason I can't  watercolor..right?

I mean, I was talking to the dogs this morning as we were observing Spring..and I saw some lilacs and said, "I could never paint those.."


{bought a whole package of time cards at the thrift store for $1.00 - so I figured I'd use them for something..} 



They both looked up at me .... "why..?"

"Um..well..maybe I could, if I practiced.."

That's when it hit me..why can't I paint those?

I mean, it's not like they are being judged..or that it's my livelihood..or to be painting perfectly-perfect things will cure all the world's problems issues..


So indeed, why not?

When I started paining with oils, no one told me it would be hard..so I didn't expect it to be..and I painted...

I didn't know it was supposed to take a long time to create an oil painting..so it didn't..

And, I never realized you needed expert training..so I had none.

Yet, my paintings supplemented my wages as a waitress while I was a single Mom with 4 kiddos..

(no one told me how to get those either...oopsie! )

So, for me anyway, it's what I expect life to be..'cos I don't know any different.

And I like it that way..even though some would say I am ignorant in my bliss..

So, how do you expect life to be?  Well, you're right..



-me
ps..who knows? Lilacs may be tomorrow's paintings..

No comments:

Post a Comment