Monday 14 June 2010

The Mighty Tomato...

So, this has been a bittersweet week-end in Arizona..my brother’s horses were given to the local vet..he will work Choppo,


...continuing his voice commands and riding. Larry trusted this vet and liked him as well, so we know Choppo will be happy and loved.

Time has come for Tomato to say good-bye. It's sooo hard for a horse owner to decide when the horses’ quality of life is at the point that something needs to be done.

Well, the decision had to be made and so the Mighty Tomato is probably lookin’ around right now for Larry..hopefully they will find each other..



To place your horse's need for you to let him leave his failing body above your need to keep him with you - that - is the greatest and purest love.

-Cynthia Garrett



A large and liquid eye...the swirl of dust around pounding hooves...these, then, are the images that move us. - Author Unknown



When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk. He trots the air, the earth sings when he touches it. - William Shakespeare



Virtue shall be bound into the hair of thy forelock. I have given thee the power of flight without wings. - Author Unknown

And this one – for my sister, Gerri:

I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted. - Author Unknown

Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet. ~Colette

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment