Saturday 5 June 2010

Well, who knew??

Knew what?

That I would do a 5K at one o'clock in the hot afternoon..just so I can say I did..

I did.

I did what? Know? Or did the walk?

Both :-)

Yes, I tried to talk myself out of it..you know..all the excuses I used in the past..

..too hot..

..bad time of day..I'm too busy, tired,  feet hurt..knees hurt..I might get sunburned..I need to tweeze my eyebrows..

no..wait..I've never used that last one..

It was a group effort by Weight Watchers and it was at Wheeler Farm. 


So, walking past the animals, the ducks and geese, and the shade trees was really quite lovely.


The cottonwoods were ...uh..cotton-ing..and it looked like summer-fairy-snow-rain-.magical-thing and I had to stop and wave my hand through it..


Of course the other walkers were sneezing and grumbling  I'm sure thinking I was "odd"..

But that was OK..it was really pretty..I felt like I was in one of those snow-globes where the stuff is in slow motion..


So..I did a 5K...half of a 10K..a .5 of a 10K {that sounds better..} and I'm glad I did..

Yay..

-me

OK, so...now...

No comments:

Post a Comment