Tuesday 1 June 2010

A woman without a purse is like..ahh..a fish without a limp..

wha??

Purses – you know about my appreciation for purses…handbags…sachels..totes..carry-alls…




So today as I was heaving my new-sorta-new-to-me great new Liz Claiborne bag I picked up at DI (Deseret Industries ..our thrift store- isn’t it a dream??!!),


$3.00..no, seriously..THREE DOLLARS!
 That's like 3 McDollar burgers at McDonalds..
...or 3 things at the Dollar Store..
"So how much is this pen?'
a dollar
..and this flashlight?
a dollar..
OK, so how about this can of beans??
A DOLLAR..


Then  I thought of why we need to carry bags at all..and felt sorta sorry for the men who don’t have anything to carry their stuff in..


Oh, I know, they can have a “Man-bag” ..but really, they have it pretty easy if they are with a woman who already has a purse.

“You have any Tylenol?”

“I could use some hand cream..got any in there?”

“Do you have a mint or some gum?”

“Nail clippers?”

“Comb?”

“Band Aids? Splints? Disinfectant? Snake bite kit??”

“Apples?”

“Fork lift??”

Yeah, we have bags like that, huh?

I found a rock once..and I really needed it too. We were somewhere where the napkins were blowing and I reached in my bag and plopped my rock down and the day was saved! Not to mention I was acting all GREEN and saving the environment from wayward napkins..

So it’s no wonder we have to have it all ...and  a place to carry it all..

Maps

Shoes

Crayons

Magnifying glasses

Hand sanitizer

Umbrellas

Compasses

Protractors

Thermometers

Erasers

Sidewalk chalk

Tent stakes

Kites

Tire jacks

Bicycle horns

Skate keys

Tourniquets

Tweezers

Badminton rackets

Tiara and a cape..{so I can save the world..and look good doing it..}

Poop bags {doggie owners can relate..}

And…

Doggie treats..

Aren’t men lucky to have us???

Yeah, I think so too.

{do you remember that scene in One Fine Day with George Clooney and Michelle Phiffer when she pulls together costumes for both of their kids for a school function out of her bag? George says “I wanna bag like that..”}

Have a great handbag-lovin' day ;-D

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment