Friday 11 June 2010

..sometimes, I'm sooooo my Mother..

Mother with her big sister, my Aunt Alice..


Mother at about 4 years old - 1919



I remember growing up, my Mother would fall asleep watching TV, snore up a storm, then when it was time to go to bed, be wide awake and say she just couldn't sleep..then go to bed and snore all.night.long..


And now I find myself falling asleep before the 9 o'clock news, then when it's time to go to bed, remembering I need to set the coffee for morning..or run the dishes..or something..


Then I'm wide awake - the TV comes back on and the computer is revved up again.


And I notice I'm like totally compulsive about some things..

...can't go to bed when I have dishes in the sink.
...hate  HATE spotty mirrors {I have been known to clean the mirrors in public bathrooms..}

but completely lax about other things...

...floors..I am soo bad about mopping and sweeping and vacuuming..
...and while I love to look out clean windows, I seem to forget we still don't have "self-cleaning" ones..

I'm getting better about watching the expiration dates on jams and jellies once daughter April discovered I had a jar of jam older than my granddaughter...and had moved it cross country 2 times...yes, embarrassing for sure.

And I'm learning how to live with my ADD..put things into their places as soon as I have them in my hand..

keeping "like" things together..

Remembering that if I don't have the time to do it right and now...

when will I have the time?

Oh, yeah, right when I get ready for bed...

What quirks do you have..maybe we're not so different, huh?

Have a great Saturday..

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment