Monday 21 February 2011

Well, hello treadmill...

It snowed {again} yesterday and I am a wus when it comes to driving in the snow..

..but that's OK, because some of those who thought they could drive OK were "attending" a 13 car pile-up on I-15 about 4 miles north of us...



Luckily no fatalities..except their cars..and I don't want the "Silver Pearl" to get any bumps or dings on her...



But that meant no driving to Zumba..and I rarely miss my twice-weekly classes..I like it that much..

So, I re-introduced myself to the lovely and very well-kept {read: unused..} treadmill. 

3.2 miles.  Yep..I kept telling myself   "Just 10 more minutes and will stop"..but then it got closer to 2 miles..and then I said.."OK..go to 2.5.."




Well..that's pretty close to 3 miles..let's see..

Then there was that little known fact (to me anyway) that 3.1 miles equals a 5K..so I went on.

And I did it!  It took an hour..but that hour would have gone by anyway..probably not in a very constructive way..Sunday mornings are for not doing housework , you know?




So, now I think I will add the treadmill on Tuesdays and Wednesdays..to get 4 workouts a week..plus walking the pups every  morning..should produce a better weight loss, but more importantly, an even better sense of well being and accomplishment..which for me is as important as the weight thingy..

...who am I kidding..loosing weight is great!!  The feeling better/better health is an added bonus :-)

Soooo..have a happy President's Day and if you're lucky enough to have it off...enjoy..


{hi ho hi ho, it's grumbling off to work I go,,,}

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment