Sunday 13 February 2011

Whirlwind of a weekend...

I attended the RootsTech conference on Saturday..as a worker, but that's OK..I still got to see and talk to a lot of folks I have spoken to but not seen on my job at the office.

And all of them interested in genetic genealogy.  And it was fun to talk to them, me knowing a little about the subject that I  was explaining..

Sometimes, while explaining, they'd get this blank look ....like they wanted a tele-prompter in my eyes so they could understand what I was saying.



So, I'd throw something in to see if they really were paying attention..


"You can call us during our business hours and ask us questions about all of this..if we don't know the answer...we'll make one up."

It was fun to see their faces..at first, like "Wait, what??" then the little laugh..and I'd then tell them that I had thrown that in to see if they were paying attention..


Things get weired when I work the booth.  But, most all of them left with a smile..

When I wok up this morning, I could remember what day it was..working on a Saturday really threw me off! Is is Monday? No..Saturday? Can I sleep? No..do I make lunches??

Tomorrow will be a  Fun-Mon-day with it being Valentine's Day and all..

So, Happy Valentine's Day and remember what drew you to your Sweetie in the very first place..betcha it's still there!



xxoo
-ME

No comments:

Post a Comment