Wednesday 2 February 2011

Sometimes, I think the world is....


and other times, it seems...

But yesterday is was ..



I had had (not a stutter..I really had had..) a frantic morning.  Needed to get Mom-in-law to her new cardiologist appointment by 10:15am..

And trying to be proactive, I set myself and Mom-in-law up for thinking it was actually 10am.  Figured the extra 15 minutes for anything unexpected.

Well, one would expect to know where one is going, right?

Nope.

OK, in all fairness to moi, I *THOUGHT* I knew where I was going.  After all, they said, "It's at the hospital"

And because she was just in the hospital..I didn't think to ask which hospital.

It wasn't where we were.  And I didn't figure this out until I had driven for, oh, like about a half hour, round and round the 'hospital' looking for anything with the number Suite 500 on it.

In frustration, I called the doc's office..they said...."Oh, it's by the out patient surgery. Just park there and come in :-) "

I find the out patient surgery..I pull into a parking space... it's about 2 degrees with cold wind smacking us in the face..

I pull out the  Oxygen-on-wheels, for which I have virtually no experience, and rush my poor MIL into the lobby.

Only then, when I look pathetically lost, does someone say to me...You're looking for Dr. *** ?

YES! Where is he?

"At the IHC hospital......across town."

Oh goodie.

I call the doc's office ...they tell me  "office protocol says we can only hold the appointment for 30 minutes..you have like 15 to get here..where are you?"

"NEVER MIND.."


Rush MIL back into the car followed by the Oxygen-mobile...drive like..ah..fast.  Practically toss MIL and the Oxy-mobile out on the sidewalk as the valet (yes..hospital #2 has a valet..who knew??)

..and run into an open elevator ( we didn't RUN into it, like painfully, we got into it)..I am stressing...MIL is huffing {bless her irregular heart} and my blood is about boiling..when I hear...

"I read your blog"

Wha??

"I READ your blog.. You have a blog, right?"

Ah, yeah. Wha? who? Huh?

I'm K  from http://www.randommusingsfrommypov.com/..

Oh! Hi! Sorry. {I don't think I apologized..but I meant to..}

Then the doors open to floor #4 and she was gone... and we're on our way to the cardiologist on #5 (Ohhh! the whole "Suite 500 thing! light-bulb-moment! ). ...

And the Appointment Nazi - who informs me as I gleefully announce  {grinning happily}.."WE MADE IT!:" :-)

She: { rolling eyes..grumpyness oozing} ..."You have one minute. Fill out this paperwork. " :-|

So, just when you think the day cannot get worse...someone gets in an elevator and makes it all bright and shinny! Thank you, K, for the light in my day :-)

Big world, small world..we're all in this world together..

{this is not me..nor K..just in case you were wondering..}

Now, let's go and have lunch sometime..away from the hospital!

-me

**This, however, looks a lot like the Appointment-Nazi...**

No comments:

Post a Comment