Wednesday 7 July 2010

Today is my Mother-in-Law's birthday..


..and she's actually in Las Vegas visiting her other son {Mr. B V2.0} and is having a wonderful time.  She'll be back with us next week..but I thought I'd tell you a little something about her..

Besides giving me the best gift {Mr. B himself}...

 she has led a very interesting life...

* Her Dad owned a carnival in Iowa for years - and she traveled around the Midwest with him.  She was even the "Head Without a Body" in the carnival..she tells us about driving into towns and seeing people sitting on their front porches drinking lemonade and waving...


* She lived in Iowa most of her early years...


* Worked for the telephone company for years - started out as a swithcboard operator..held many positions and  retired - then started a second career as a bank teller


* Has a gold belt {I think that's the color} in Tai Chi..and sometimes drinks Chi Tea {!}


* Watercolors like nobody's business

* Is on Facebook, plays computer games, crochets

* Watches Gene Simmons's "Family Jewels" show {wha??}

*Has been "Grandma Evelyn" to my kids..an "instant Grandma" almost 30 years ago to my 4 children when "Saint Mr. B" married and became Daddy to my kiddos - now she's a GREAT Grandma to my Grands..

* She gardens, takes wonderful care of the pups when we're at work or away, irons all of Mr. B's shirts and my ironalbe blouses {thank you thank you thank you}

* And...she can do more things with a pound of hamburger than anyone I know..{just ask me about the Bean Burgers!} and she makes a mean Rice Krispie treat..


* She has been a benevolent neighbor, helping with babysitting, gifts, food and even cash when needed and does not want credit or accolades..

So Happy Birthday Mom/Evelyn..we're so fortunate to have you in our lives..and you have been the Mother I always dreamed of having..


Soooo...
..the aMaZinG Mr. B..
and
..me
{of course I'm the cuter one..this is MY blog}

..PS - Braxton & Lulu say Happy birthday and when are you coming home??

No comments:

Post a Comment