Thursday 12 August 2010

Flight of the hummingbirds..

Yes..I know it's the 'flight of the bumblebee"..but that would  be a bit scary..and hummers don't sting..

..besides, there aren't any cute photos of bumblebees..OK, well, maybe except this one...


Now, some of you may remember the "Summer of the Hummers" a while back..


George, Gracie and MamaSweetieBird?


Well, they're back..well, I believe they're back..I mean I saw them just this evening in the yard..

I know it was them.

3 coming back and flitting around the 4 feeders {or is that 5?}

I don't believe in coincidences..do you?

Anyway..I hadnt't noticed all the jabbering  that summer..but they were just nesting and laying and hatching and taking flight..so I wasn't really listening..


George & Gracie run fly around each other and the yard and MomaSweetieBird flys in, scolds them. 

They go off their separate ways..only to play tag once again near the grapevines..

"jabber, sweeener scree, jafwee.."

{translation:" I'm not touching you..I'm not touching you.."}

Nice way to spend a lovely hour on a cool August evening, doncha think?


Yeah, me too..

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment