Monday 9 August 2010

Monday..wasn't that "Show-n-Tell" day at school??

So, I've really been wanting to make one of those cloth books and I'm working on one of my maternal ancestors.

...but in the meantime, I am making one of children.. kids..youngsters..wee ones..



{reads: blue eyes and freckles 'neath a felt cowboy hat..
his 2 bestest friends are his dog and his cat..
He's one of the good guys, it's plain to see..
he's sure 'nuf a cowboy 'tho he's not even 3..
blue eyes and freckles, holes in his jeans -
out in the backyard-
ridn' his dreams..}


{reads: Our children are living messages we send to a time and place we will not see }

{reads: A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around 3 times before lying down}

{reads: A baby enters your home & makes so much noise for 20 years you can hardly stand it, then departs- leaving the house so silent you think you'll go mad-}


it's about 5 1/2 by 9-ish..

Ta-da!

I'm pleased with the outcome..now, to finish the one of all of the  strong-willed Irish women of my heritage..

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment