Monday 2 August 2010

The 'sultry' nights of August..

OK, I know I can be a waytoochipper person about the things that bug some people...

Love the heavy snowstorms we get..

Love the sound of crickets..ans Rain Bird sprinklers..

Love the sound of the Mourning Doves..

Love the sound of a squeaky-slammin'-screen door..

..even have fond memories when I smell a skunk..{notice I didn't say I love it..I'm not that chipper..}

But for one who was raised in Arizona with all of it's 'dry-heat'..

I sort of enjoy the heavy humidity we have been experiencing here in our normally-pretty-dry Utah.

I mean, it is what I think of when I hear "August"..

Maybe it's all the Southern novels I have read that describe sitting on the back porch on a sultry August Sunday night and hearing the Ed Sullivan show in the background..



The dinner dishes are done..dish towel over your shoulder..apron tied loosely around your waist.. the crickets are chirping..lemonade in hand..you know the scene.


So, I have been appreciating the not "yeah, but it's a dry heat" weather these past few days..

How about you? Is there something that's special in your mind that others may not appreciate?


Isn't it wonderful to appreciate the not-usually-appreciate-able??

-me
ps..SullivanSister Update:

Kathy's well on her way to a full recovery and is heading home today..Gerri is in the hospital awaing her surgery tomorrow..keep her in your prayers..please :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment